Caroline and I have a new game we like to play: Smiles. I explained to her recently that the best way to get someone to smile at you is to smile at them first! Well, my buddy Erica just smiled at me. And as I smile back at her, I’m going to smile at a few others.
I’ve been awarded by Erica of Haphazard Happenstances, the esteemed “SMILE AWARD!” Thanks, Erica! The rule of the smile award is to pass it along to those people who you feel represent what a big ol’ smile is which is someone who:
- Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times–we are all human).
- Must love one another.
- Must make mistakes.
- Must learn from others.
- Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
- Must love life.
- Must love kids.
There are rules are:
- The recipient must link back to the awards creator (The Babblings of Mere).
- You must post these rules if you receive the award.
- You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
- You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award (see above).
- You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
- You must create a post sharing your win with others.
- You must thank your giver.
I pass the award on to
1. Rita, The Bookworm — Rita is honest and funny (she’s more *real* than Sarah Palin, even!) and makes the blog world a better place! I smile whenever I read something Rita writes — though I usually laugh out loud, too.
2. Deb at Deb’s Thoughts— Deb is open and honest about the struggles of being a stay-at-home mom. Still, she’s cheerful, likes kids, and learns from others. I smile when she posts new blog entries.
3. Mary at The Satoros — My darling sister. I love her! And she brightens up the blog-o-sphere with pictures of my darling red-headed nieces.
4. Stephanie at The Foleys est 2005— One of my favorite sisters-in-law. This girl loves life and loves people! She’s one of those who really, truly cares. I smile when I get my
gossip family updates from Stephanie.
5. Carlye at The Bindels— Another of my favorite sisters-in-law. Carlye, too, loves life and is (almost) always cheerful. I smile when Carlye leaves me a voice mail and ends it with “That’s all.”
See, I love you all so much that I didn’t mention that all of you make mistakes, which is one of the requirements. 🙂